Owl Labs is seeking an Inventory Accountant as we continue to grow our Accounting and Financing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hypergrowth start-up at an early stage, with the ability to build and implement scalable operating principles and develop a function in-house. As the Inventory Accountant you will be responsible for tracking, recording and ensuring inventory accuracy. This position will report to the Assistant Controller.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare month end journal entries related to inventory and COGS, including shipping, customs, prepaid inventory and in-transit inventory as well as monthly accruals and account reconciliations.
- Prepare schedules and analyses for various inventory reserve calculations.
- Research discrepancies, determine causes and coordinate corrections.
- Work closely with operations, manufacturing and other cross-functional teams to ensure that all inventory transactions flow through NetSuite successfully, and that the accounting is consistent with financial reporting.
- Work within the accounting department to improve general ledger coding accuracy and inventory accruals.
- Gain experience in a venture-backed startup and have a direct impact on its success.
- Bring big ideas, hustle and see the tangible impact of your work.
- BA in Accounting or related degree.
- 2+ years of professional work experience with inventory management.
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, interacting professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet tight periodic reporting deadlines.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA.This role can either be an on-site position or remote. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Inventory Accountant.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.