Owl Labs is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our product development team. This person will join a growing Electrical Engineering team to help bring new video conferencing & remote collaboration products to market.
In this role you will be a key member of the hardware development team with responsibility for the core of the electronics design. Your primary focus will be to lead the development of the computing and communication systems that enable our intelligent collaboration products. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team including other Electrical Engineers. Your responsibilities will range from helping to define future products through supporting production of current products.
What You’ll Do
- Electrical Technical Leadership
- Own the electrical design and its interfaces with the system design.
- Run review processes to solicit and provide technical input and feedback.
- Ensure best design practices are followed and drive process improvements.
- Support Development Project Management
- Create and maintain electrical design portion of project schedules.
- Identify and manage internal and external resources necessary for success.
- Develop and maintain potential technical approaches.
- Develop Electronics
- Select appropriate system designs to meet system requirements and project goals.
- Implement detailed designs based on analysis, simulation, and best practices.
- Identify and select components that meet cost and sourcing requirements.
- Design and run tests to troubleshoot problems and validate systems.
- Generate and maintain design, test, and process documentation.
- Manage testing required for compliance in various countries.
- Support Operations
- Generate and maintain production documentation.
- Troubleshoot production issues.
- Help with managing supplier relationships and sourcing components.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and experienced electrical engineer with relevant experience with processor systems, communications, low noise signals, system integration - and - a candidate who is excited, flexible, and able to work effectively in a rapidly changing organization.
- 7+ years of experience leading electrical designs including:
- Application Processor Systems
- Image Sensing and Processing
- Networking and Radios
- High speed digital signals
- HDI printed circuit boards
- Low noise analog signals
- Power electronics
- Experience with product development for volume production.
- Experience with working with suppliers to identify solution opportunities and source components.
- System thinker.
- Skilled at measurement and troubleshooting techniques for electronics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel to China.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.