Owl Labs is looking to hire our first Sales Development Rep to join our expanding sales organization. Given the large number of leads and inbound interest Owl Labs is receiving, we need someone to better qualify the interest and uncover potential fit. This role is critical to making our marketing team more efficient with the heaps of demand they’re generating and our sales team more effective in their deal management.
What You’ll Do
- Qualify & disqualify leads through a repeatable follow up cadence.
- Schedule qualified meetings for the salespeople.
- Work closely with sales team to ensure messaging and pitch are aligned.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative feedback to marketing based on the messages and positioning that are/are not working.
- Call/email/social outreach to target accounts within our ideal customer profile range.
- Ensure data integrity of CRM through appropriate updates to contact and company records.
- This is an entry level position with the opportunity to prove both your learned and natural selling skills. There is an opportunity for you to grow into Account Executive after demonstrating mastery of the SDR role.
- Gain experience in a venture-backed startup and have a direct impact on our success.
- Control your own earnings destiny by outperforming targets to earn above and beyond your salary.
We’re looking to hire a corporate athlete. Someone who is coachable, resilient, intrinsically curious about our future customers, can demonstrate a strong work ethic, and is excited to compete. You should be eager to prove yourself with a goal of mastering your craft and earning more responsibility over time.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- Clear communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic with the confidence to work autonomously.
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and the ability to learn new concepts fast.
- Prior telephone sales/SDR experience is preferred, but not required.
The best candidates will share examples of:
- Grit & resilience.
- Problem solving.
- Work ethic.
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers/co-workers.
- A measurable history of performance.
- Self-awareness & coachability.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Sales Development Rep (applications without cover letters will not be considered).
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.