Owl Labs is seeking a talented Senior Operations Program Manager to join our team. As a member of the Operations team, the Senior Operations Program Manager will lead, coordinate, and execute the short and long-term site strategy to maximize manufacturing outcomes, and proactively plan for changing conditions. The successful candidate must be motivated, organized, self-directed, and capable of handling a variety of tasks in highly matrixed environments. This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in planning and operations of the processes for a fast-growing innovative startup.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Operations Program Manager will be responsible for on time material readiness of development builds to support new product introduction (NPI) and overall product readiness to meet launch. This position works closely with other key cross-functional teams from Hardware and Product Design Engineering, Part Suppliers, Procurement, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Contract Manufacturers to develop the strategic direction, goals, objectives and key measurement systems to ensure the business goals are met.
- Work alongside our cross functional development team to provide manufacturing insight and requirements over the course of the product development life cycle.
- Transition the engineering design to a production-ready state with the contract manufacturer.
- Provide liaison oversight during the design for manufacturing (DFM) process.
- Ensure critical material and components are available during the development phase as well as the production ramp.
- Own the Bill of Materials to drive manufacturing build readiness throughout all of the development phases and into product launch.
- Build close relationships with key component suppliers and manufacturers
- Handle all product development ECO’s and sustaining ECO’s that affect part changes throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Responsible for overall material cost savings objectives related to new product development costs.
- Facilitate quoting based on sourcing strategy for all NPI builds.
- Advancing high level strategic decision-making through detailed analyses and material preparations.
- Conduct weekly evening calls with our China co-location team.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations of Business or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in producing high volume electromechanical systems at $1B+ companies.
- Required: Experience with cellphone class electrical assemblies.
- Able to travel 10-15% internationally- US passport required.
- Well experienced with product development and high volume production overseas.
- Excellent project management and supply chain management skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional time management and analytical expertise.
- Strong oral and written presentational skills.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to communicate and manage supply chain risks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating priorities, and initiatives.
- Motivated and results oriented creative thinker.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.