At Owl Labs, we believe a strong design practice is one that carries impact across all facets of the brand and the product, from the design of our website and marketing content, to the user experience and visual design of our apps and services.
We are in the beginning stages of building a number of new hardware, software, and service products which will require research and strategy to better understand the user and their needs, and result in end-to-end design that thinks through every aspect of those experiences. This includes research, strategy, content, and design (user experience and user interface/visual design) for product, site, and marketing.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be designing experiences that cross software, hardware, and everything in between. You will head up the task of ensuring a seamless experience for and between our ecosystem of products, and be responsible for both UI and UX. You’ll be working to collaborate with the Product Management and Engineering teams to sort through the requirements and discovery process, translate this into what works for both the business and the users, and then figure out how to make it useful and beautiful.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Owl Lab’s existing products and customers. Cultivate a deep understanding of user needs, behaviors, and motivations.
- Partner with Product Managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product, from conception to launch.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into products that are useful and valuable for our users.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Create flows, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes.
- Lead design reviews with key stakeholders
- Manage the feedback and iteration cycle with internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and organize research initiatives to get timely user feedback on proposed designs and gather broader insights.
- Document user goals, needs, motivations and pain points, and make product recommendations that help Owl create meaningful solutions for our customers.
- Identify research topics and design a variety of qualitative and quantitative user research activities through ethnographic field studies, persona development, experience mapping, concept validation, usability testing, card sorting, and other methods to generate customer insights.
- Balance multiple projects at once. Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- Have a deep understanding of UX and content principles and visual design.
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software and iterating over time.
- Ability to take multiple business and technology requirements and translate them into the most effective design solution.
- Experienced with both hardware and software products and how they interact.
- Clear on why data matters and how you can use it to make your designs better, while strategically balancing/prioritizing those changes as a part of the overall product experience.
- Familiar with the creative, digital web/product development process and working with engineering teams to implement features using sprint cycles.
- Passionate about design thinking and innovation, and love keeping a pulse on what's new/now/next in digital trends.
- Experience designing in Sketch and Invision.
- Ability to multi-task and synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- Have a “no job is too small” attitude.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Please include either a link to your portfolio or a few samples of representative work with your application.
Who We Are:
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.